Monday, May 14, 2007

I have returned to the world of the wide web. Im in Sokode for a few days before I go to training to be a camp counselor for a week. Thats right for the first time I finally get to be a camp counselor for girl apprentices. Im super excited - and wishing that I could figure out how to use punctuation on these crazy french keyboards. Any how I will be at training for a few days and then be sticking around for the camp next week! After that MOM AND DAD ARE COMING
So basically I am super excited. And I will be going home sooner than later, and should be keeping pretty busy until then.
I just did a big training for 14 students to make them peer educators so that I will have some people to work with who actually speak the local language. And maybe they can be my friends too considering I will be spending 3 weeks uninterupted in village when we go on stand fast in the middle of june and my two other friends stopped being my friend when I told them that I have a fiance back in the states...you know Lloyd Dobbler my fiance.
Sigh...At least I have Gash and I have started taking him out on runs in the morning. I am determined not to leave Togo bigger than I was when I got here. Its wierd to think that people can go to Africa and gain weight but I assure its easy to do.
Ok enough about that...not much else is new with me since I last wrote. Im about to head out to the marche and try to find some yeast so that I can make some pizza for mu cluster mate Chris and I tonight.
And if there is still electricity then I am going to take advantage of it to watch some more movies! I just watched blood diamond and bable. I miss films. But I really liked them. We were all laughing at the part in Blood Diamond when Leo says something to the effect of Peace Corps types only stick around long enough to realize that they cant do anything. Sigh...sometimes that feels very true. It also struck me that I cant think of a single film about Africa that has a good message or is an uplifting story...unless you count Hotel Rwanda but even though Paul R was pretty fantastic its not exactly a heart warming story. I still think its really important for people to see the films about the problems in Africa because too often its not in the main stream media. Its crazy to see the difference in the news that I get from BBC World every day - which Im addicted too by the way and the news that I hear about from the US
Sigh ok well its off to try to find some pizza goods
Call write email send letters and love any time
LOVE YOU ALL

1 comment:

Dr. Lolo said...

I also made pizza the other day!!!!!!!!
YUM