Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Hello again one and all.
So I got a phone call the other day saying that I got a position being one of the national coordinators for Camp UNITE which was one of the camps I did last summer and that I had a meeting in Lome the next day (today) so here I am in Lome and I thought I should take advantage of this chance to use free internet.
So Melissa and I just bought some cheese and some sliced bread (sliced...its amazing) and doritos and orange juice and I'm sitting here pretending that I'm back in the US. Its great.
So like I said before we had stand fast for the elections so I spent 3 weeks in site and it was great. I've started training for AIDS ride which is a bike ride where 12 volunteers in each region bike around and teach people about AIDS prevention. Basically I get to do condom demonstrations infront of middle school kids. However middle school kids here are anywhere from 12-25. I'm super excted about and I think it will be really fun. I'll def take a lot of pictures and up load them for you all.
I also decided that I am going to go to Accra Ghana around Thanksgiving with my friend Joelle. I am SO excited. Ghana is commonly described as being "paved with gold" however one volunteer pointed out that it might be just as meaningful to say taht it is paved . After that we are celebrating the 45th anniversary of Peace Corps in Togo and its going to be a huge celebration with all the volunteers and some Peace Corps admin from DC. Super neat huh?
Basically things are going well just a big busy but I am really in good spirits.
And Megan (my sister) is coming and we are going to South Africa for christmas. I have so much to look forward too!!!!!!!


************ BIG NEWS *************
So I just got another new phone number because I couldn't get calls or texts from the states on my last phone but now I can get both!
the number is 0112289112964
So text! And I will respond!

I'm going to go eat a sandwich and try to upload some pics.
I love you all
Tami P

No comments: