Thursday, November 09, 2006

I'M ALIVE
Hey guys! Sorry that it has taken me forever to update this thing but its been kind of a challenge to use the internet around me.
But I found out my post and just spent a week there. I'm going to be living in Koussountou a 1000 person village in the middle of the country near Benin (you might be able to find Tchamba on the map - I'm about 30 km away from there). I have no electricty and get my water from a well. So far my house isn't done yet but I'll be living in a compound with my homologue (the Togolese guy that I'll be working with). Slowly but surely I'm learning French, and I think I'll get the hang of it mostly before I go to post for good in December. There is no internet in my village so I prob wont be updating or checking my email more than once a month. There isn't a post office either but that doesn't mean that I wont continue to send mail. If you haven't gotten something yet its probably because I don't have your address.
I hope that you all know that I think about you all the time and I love you all and miss you tons but things are mostly going well. If nothing else I'll come back in two years being a total bad ass chick who is able to handle way more than you ever thought I could.
PLEASE WRITE ME SOON!
I gotta go but I love you all.
P.S. Way to go in the election guys! You are making all of us proud!

LOVE LOVE LOVE
Tami P

No comments: